An Overview Of
The BSCS Program
Neumont’s Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program is for the highly technical folks who can tackle the logic and advanced math it takes to design, architect, and create digital works of beauty.
Within the BSCS program’s balance of skills with theory, you’ll develop software using integrated environments and modern languages—taking courses like C++, object-oriented programming, Java development, and computational theory.
Through our hands-on approach, you will experience the entire software development project life cycle as you learn to write intricate algorithms, create web and mobile applications, and build databases and user interfaces.
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Java Development
- Computational Theory
- Information Modeling
- Scalable Web Applications
- Understand modern development environments including .NET, Java, and open source technologies.
- Understand and use a variety of algorithms and data structures.
- Use both established and emerging software development standards and best practices.
- Design effective system architectures.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Develop professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience teamwork and group dynamics firsthand.
- Practice effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Learn project management techniques for maximizing efficiency and resources.
- Gain an understanding of business in the context of software development.
- Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- IT Consultant
- Mobile App Developer
- Front-End Developer