An Overview Of
The Bsgd Program
Neumont’s Bachelor of Science in Software and Game Development program is for the game enthusiast with the intellectual RAM, creative edge, analytical mind, and aptitude for math and physics required to thrive in the hyper-competitive game industry.
In the BSGD program, you’ll learn all aspects of game development for PCs, consoles, and mobile devices—including design, programming, AI, animation, digital music, storytelling, and project management.
With courses in Java, .NET, C++, and more, you’ll gain skills sought by software developers outside of the game industry. The program’s Capstone Project allows you to demonstrate your competency of core principles to professors and peers.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Digital Art and Music
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Dynamic Web Programming
- Understand the complete game and software development methodologies and production life cycles.
- Apply artificial intelligence in game and business applications.
- Understand the limitations and benefits of various game hardware.
- Understand and mimic real object interactions via raw physics and physics engines.
- Understand the elements of asset production and integration of computer graphics using game libraries and raw graphics.
- Develop professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Learn project management techniques.
- Gain an understanding of teamwork and group dynamics.
- Learn effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Understand business in the context of game and software development.
- AI Programmer
- Interactive Developer
- Game Developer
- Simulation Programmer
- Software Developer