An Overview Of The Bsis Program
Neumont’s Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems program is for those go-to tech troubleshooters who love the latest software but don’t mind getting their hands dirty with some serious hardware.
In the BSIS program, you’ll learn to manage, maintain, and integrate a complex web of networks, devices, operating systems, and new technologies—skills that are critical and increasingly in demand with the emergence of Big Data.
The basics of computer science and mastery of network design and server administration are also emphasized, along with cloud computing, e-commerce systems, and the importance of meeting budget and performance goals.
- Business Information Systems
- Server Administration
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Hacking, Forensics, and Countermeasures
- Identify business technology needs.
- Develop and implement supporting network infrastructure plans.
- Learn how to develop and implement appropriate security measures for physical and virtual servers and networks.
- Administer networks and integrated systems using a variety of networking technologies and operating systems.
- Plan, design, implement, and supervise technical and non-technical projects.
- Develop written and verbal professional communication skills.
- Experience teamwork and group dynamics.
- Practice effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Hone effective collaboration skills.
- Design effective system architectures.
- Learn project management techniques for maximizing efficiency and resources.
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Analyst
- Security Consultant
- Network Engineer
- Server Administrator